Friday, August 11, 2017

Happy 6th of August?

Last Sunday, I think I asked Madi to go do her hair.
 This was not really what I had in mind.  :)
 Our church re-scheduled our annual 4th of July celebration to August 6th.  We were thankful for the rain in July but didn't like postponing the fun. 
Our church rents out the corn maize so the kids can ride the cow train, climb the rock wall, bounce in jumpers, and more!
 This year we enrolled in the dessert contest.  It felt a little strange making flag cookies but it was still fun!
 Then the fireworks display started once it got dark.
 Every year we continue to be surprised with how amazing the fireworks are and how long!
 This past week I went into work quite a bit so Madi spent her days with Aunt Shelle and Grandma.  
Grandma Mayberry took them to see the Emoji movie on Tuesday then these silly girls played in the sprinklers at the park and got all wet!

 This was Madi's outfit of choice on Thursday when she went to her friend Devyn's house to play.  
 Madi has been wanting a new case for her phone (Matt's old phone that she uses to text and play games).  We found a cute one with gold glitter than flows around in it.  Plus a loop for her to hold like all the big kids have these days.  :)
 This picture was on Facebook from 8 years ago.  How can it seem like only yesterday?
 Casey and I were so happy when the books came in for our meeting next Thursday.
We are excited to purchase a new book by one of our own professors and have her come speak to us and help us be more culturally responsive to the students in our classrooms.

No comments: