Saturday, May 13, 2017

STAAR Test & 3rd Grade Field Trip!

 Monday was Madi's first time taking the STAAR math test.  Thankfully, it's no big deal and she loved the fact we made steak, her favorite meal!, the night before. 
 Tuesday was the STAAR reading test.
It's apparently cool to wear your mom's jacket to school.  :)
 Madi told us both tests we super easy and she thinks she got all the questions right!
Tuesday evening I had a work meeting.  Thankfully, it was over dinner at the Tech Club.
 Wednesday
 Thursday was field trip day to the International Cultural Center at Tech to learn about children in Japan.
 Then they went to the park for a picnic lunch complete with Kurbside treats bringing ice cream and cookies!  No picture at the park but it was a nice day!
 After the field trip I went back to work since we're writing a grant so Grandma took this girl on a Cold Stone ice cream date!
 Ice cream twice in one afternoon!
 When I got home Madi had a fun scavenger hunt waiting for me.  I had to follow 4 clues to find her hiding at the end.
 Friday
 I love finding random selfies like this on my phone. :)
 My idea of a fun Friday night . . . Matt and I enjoying a drink on the patio with dinner on the grill and Madi swinging in her hammock.
 Early Saturday morning, Matt and I get up super early and enjoy coffee in the hot tub while watching the news. 
 We also watched these two playing as well.

 It was too funny how Biscuit fit underneath GV as they played!
 Thought it would be good to give an update on ole Steve.
 Steve has been a good fish so far!
Thankfully, the Heider family finally figured out how to feed him correctly and keep his water just right!

No comments: