Sunday, December 22, 2019

First Band Concert!

 Monday was pajama day at school.  So off went the Grinch to her last Monday of school this semester!
December 16:  Fred was being funny and hid 18 candy canes throughout the house for Madi to find. 
Monday night was Madi's first band concert.  
 It was neat how they structured the concert.  They built the band from the percussion up.  So each section played their own song then once the entire band was on stage they played a song together. 



 Madi's captive audience plus Grandma and Grandma B.!
 As a fundraiser, baskets were auctioned off during each song.  The kids all brought stuff for themed baskets for each instrument class.  Madi was chosen to auction off the first two baskets. 
 With little time to prepare, we were so proud of her for getting up in front of many people and auctioning off items she knew nothing about.  :) 
 The stage was really pretty too. 

 December 17:  Fred wanted to take a nice relaxing bubble bath!
 Tuesday
 Amy, Alyson and I decided to take our work to the Gastropub down from Tech Tuesday afternoon. 
 December 18:  Fred used wrapping paper to be as tall as Madi! 
 I took a survey from Madi's friend Maisen for her upcoming science project.  I was surprised to see Madi's picture (and her friends' pictures) used throughout the survey. Pretty neat! 



 Wednesday
 December 19: Fred being silly with frozen peas . . . 
 I was working on our grocery list for the upcoming week and Matt was being silly showing me the kind of cereal he likes! 
 Thursday
 Friday
 Madi wore my Christmas shirt since she had a fun gift exchange after school. School let out at 10:24am on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday if you were exempt from your exams. 
 I helped carpool all the girls to Maisen's house for a fun lunch and Christmas gift exchange.  Madi got the cutest blanket from Penny that was embroidered with her name. 

 December 20:  Fred thinks he's present enough for Madi!
What better way to start the Christmas break than to have a cook out at the Foley's house.
Sure love these two!  
 Friends forever!
 Making and decorating cookies!



 December 21:  Madi spent the night with the Foley girls but when she got home Fred left her a little present since he knows she loves the PEZ candy. 
 I wasn't sure about planning games for this Christmas with the cousins since they are getting older.  Well Tucker let me know a while back that he wrote about his favorite Christmas tradition - playing games at his cousin's house.  So, how could I NOT plan games including his favorite pictionary!?!
 With all the shopping we've been doing, I made a cute little basket for Grandma since she has hip surgery scheduled for early January.  :) 
 We went to pick up Madi from her friends' house this morning and they immediately give Matt their grandparents' dog who was over visiting, Snickers.  I just love how Matt doesn't think twice and just carries him around. And I also love how Snickers immediately falls asleep in Matt's arms. :) 
 These girls put on a show for us about a proposal to camp outside on the trampoline this Christmas break.   Monday was pajama day at school.  So off went the Grinch to her last Monday of school this semester!
December 16:  Fred was being funny and hid 18 candy canes throughout the house for Madi to find. 

Monday night was Madi's first band concert.  
 It was neat how they structured the concert.  They built the band from the percussion up.  So each section played their own song then once the entire band was on stage they played a song together. 



 Madi's captive audience plus Grandma and Grandma B.!
 As a fundraiser, baskets were auctioned off during each song.  The kids all brought stuff for themed baskets for each instrument class.  Madi was chosen to auction off the first two baskets. 
 With little time to prepare, we were so proud of her for getting up in front of many people and auctioning off items she knew nothing about.  :) 
 The stage was really pretty too. 
 Just the saxophones . . .
The whole beginner band . . . 

 December 17:  Fred wanted to take a nice relaxing bubble bath!
 Tuesday
 Amy, Alyson and I decided to take our work to the Gastropub down from Tech Tuesday afternoon. 
 December 18:  Fred used wrapping paper to be as tall as Madi! 
 I took a survey from Madi's friend Maisen for her upcoming science project.  I was surprised to see Madi's picture (and her friends' pictures) used throughout the survey. Pretty neat! 



 Wednesday
 December 19: Fred being silly with frozen peas . . . 
 I was working on our grocery list for the upcoming week and Matt was being silly showing me the kind of cereal he likes! 
 Thursday
 Friday
 Madi wore my Christmas shirt since she had a fun gift exchange after school. School let out at 10:24am on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday if you were exempt from your exams. 
 I helped carpool all the girls to Maisen's house for a fun lunch and Christmas gift exchange.  Madi got the cutest blanket from Penny that was embroidered with her name. 

 December 20:  Fred thinks he's present enough for Madi!
What better way to start the Christmas break than to have a cook out at the Foley's house.
Sure love these two!  
 Friends forever!
 Making and decorating cookies!



 December 21:  Madi spent the night with the Foley girls but when she got home Fred left her a little present since he knows she loves the PEZ candy. 
 I wasn't sure about planning games for this Christmas with the cousins since they are getting older.  Well Tucker let me know a while back that he wrote about his favorite Christmas tradition - playing games at his cousin's house.  So, how could I NOT plan games including his favorite pictionary!?!
 With all the shopping we've been doing, I made a cute little basket for Grandma since she has hip surgery scheduled for early January.  :) 
 We went to pick up Madi from her friends' house this morning and they immediately give Matt their grandparents' dog who was over visiting, Snickers.  I just love how Matt doesn't think twice and just carries him around. And I also love how Snickers immediately falls asleep in Matt's arms. :) 
 These girls put on a show for us about a proposal to camp outside on the trampoline this Christmas break.  Their proposal was denied but it was a good try!
Madi spent some of last weekend painting the nutcracker and JOY letters that Fred brought her this Christmas season.  I love decorations that are made by Madi! 

There is definitely a lot of JOY in the Heider house!

No comments: