Wednesday, January 9, 2013

See Madison Read!


 As part of our night time routine, Madi reads a book with one of us in the living room then another "easy" read in her bed with her Daddy.  
The last few weeks Matt has been having Madi read the "easy" read with him.  Which makes me happy since teaching reading isn't my specialty!
Last Monday night, Matt came out of her room saying, "she read the entire book by herself without any help!"
 So, this morning I remembered that I wanted to get a picture of her with the first book she ever ready by herself, "At Bat."
 I was going to stop there as we had to get going to school, but she started opening the book and reading each page . . .
 Upside down . . .
 So I let her!
 I wish I would've had my video camera handy too as that would have been a great video.
 I did get a cute video of her "reading" another book last night so hopefully I'll get one of her reading "At Bat" soon.
As you can see, she was VERY proud of herself when I said what a good job she did reading!




 I never realized how exciting this moment would be.  I always think about doing math problems together later on or something as equally nerdy, but her reading has been so exciting around here. 
It's a whole new world opening up for her!

No comments: