Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Morning

 Christmas morning we woke up extra early so we could get the gifts from the front porch that "Santa" left per Madi's request.  She still doesn't like the idea of Santa (or anyone really) coming into our house while we sleep.  I can't say I blame her!
She got some wonderful gifts!  Grandma and Grandpa Heider sent some gifts home with us for her to open Christmas morning.  She loved adding the Brave doll to her Barbie collection and she's not too sure about the gun yet, but I'm sure in no time she'll be outside shooting away!  Santa brought her a hula-hoop and a fun playhouse that you color.  Her stocking had a harmonica, stamp markers and a crayon piggie bank to name a few.  She did ask how Santa was able to use our wrapping paper. I quickly said that I left it on the porch for him.  She then asked if I left the tape and scissors too!
 Day 31:  Fred spent Christmas morning reading the Christmas story from the bible.
 Another Christmas surprise was waking up to SNOW! 
 Madison couldn't wait to get bundled up and head outside. 
 Thank goodness her Daddy didn't mind going out with her because I froze just taking these few pictures and running back inside!
 Sadly, they weren't able to build a snowman because the snow wouldn't stay together, but they still had a lot of fun. 

 Aunt Bevie gives pjs every year for Christmas.  This year Madi's came with pjs for her doll.  She begged me to wash them right away so her new Baby Alive doll (that you feed) from Aunt Shelle could wear matching pjs with her.
 We were surprised by the size of the house from Santa!  We could all fit in there together!
 Thank goodness it's easy enough to fold up and put out of the way when needed.
We spent the majority of Christmas day coloring on her house and making it beautiful! 
The day after Christmas we were ready to get out of the house so Daddy took us to breakfast at Madi's favorite place Cracker Barrell then we did a little shopping at Market Street where Madi thinks she needs to get a cookie each time we go.  She picked a bumble bee cookie this time and it had two black stripes but we were surprised at the mess it made with only a little icing!


No comments: