Monday, December 3, 2012

Meet Fred . . .

 We decided to jump on the bandwagon and get an Elf on the Shelf this year.
We had the book and elf sitting by the tree when we came home from dinner last Saturday night.
At first, Madi was interested and loved playing with the elf (who was quickly named Fred). 
 But once her Daddy read the book and explained that Fred would report to Santa nightly and arrive in a new spot each morning she started crying and saying she didn't want a magic elf in her house.  We tried not to laugh and I quickly explained that Santa let Mommy and Daddy move Fred from place to place for kids that didn't like magic elves.  She quickly calmed down and liked the idea.  That very night she hollered to us from her bed "don't forget to hide Fred!"
 Day 1: Fred left a "be good" message in red and green m&ms.
 Ready for school on Monday after a long break!  When I picked her up I was told by another teacher that Madi was telling all the kids on the playground that their elves were magic but her mommy and daddy moved hers!  At least she didn't ruin it for all the other kids!
Monday afternoon, I got an unique request for a nutritous lunch in "rainbow" colors.
I was stumped at first but this is what I came up with . . .
 
 Day 2:  Fred hanging from the ceiling fan.
 Tuesday morning . . .  
 Day 3: Fred taking a marshmellow bubble bath.
 Wednesday morning wearing her Dance shirt since she had dance that afternoon!  It was also bring-a-friend to Cubbies day so Tucker came along and had a blast.  Sadly, no pictures of the fun time!  
 Day 4:  Fred fishing in Madison's sink.
 Thursday
 Day 5:  Fred sitting on the star on top of the Christmas tree.

 Thursday evening, Tuck and Maci hung out with us while Aunt Shelle went to Tripp's indoor soccer game.  Maci's "cheese" face kills me!
 Friday morning
 Day 6:  Fred wrapped the Christmas tree in red and green crate paper. 
Although Madison knows we hide Fred each night I'm amazed at how excited she is to find him each morning.  It wasn't how we planned the game to go, but it's become a fun tradition in our house! 

No comments: