Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Fun!

Madi and Tucker were playing with a pair of her sunglasses this morning. It was too cute so I snapped a few pictures of them both wearing them.

Tucker doesn't seem to mind that they are PINK!

Acting shy!
Yesterday on the way home from church Matt and I talked about what we wanted do that afternoon. I said we should go swimming and he agreed but we really didn't say anything directly to Madi although I'm sure she heard our conversation. So right when we got in and were changing out of our church clothes, Madi comes with ALL her stuff for the pool. She remembered the comb and hair band, her sunscreen and her swimsuit. I was impressed since all the stuff was in different places around the house. The girl's memory amazes me sometimes!
I just noticed how her swimsuit matches her dress! Funny since they're from different places.
Our shy, quiet Madison has amazed us this summer. She just decided one day to jump off the diving board at our pool (to her Daddy of course). We didn't have to put her up there and then "help" her jump off. She just walked over, climbed up and jumped.
Here she is waiting her turn. This picture makes her seem so big!
Are you watching Mom?
Getting ready . . .
J-U-M-P . . .

Daddy catches her . . .
Now she's ready to go again and again and again . . .
Last weekend we headed to the lake to visit my parents and to host a 60th Birthday party for my mom. Those pictures will have a post to themselves in a day or so.
Waiting on Uncle Cody to pick us up on his boat.

Watching Daddy swim while we wait.
Looking for rocks to throw in the water. Matt taught Morgan and Tripp how to skip rocks.
Tucker looked for sticks . . .
to throw in the water.

Still waiting . . .
Tripp
FINALLY on the boat. I was looking forward to tubing but I had NO idea how fun it would actually be to get out there!

Morgan and Tripp
Shelle and Tuck
Cody - our captain

Madi swimming with her Daddy
Uncle Cody let Madi "drive" the boat. I think Tucker was jealous!
Cody promised he would go slow and easy so Shelle and I could take the little ones tubing. He did as he promised but the waves got big and one minute Shelle and Tucker were sitting next to us then the next they were gone! Madi said "Mom, where are Shelle and Tucker?" I looked over and they had FLIPPED out backwards and landed together in the lake. So funny!
Then it was our turn . . . going easy having fun then . . .
Hanging on for DEAR life! It about killed my hands and I used muscles I didn't know I had to try and stay on. Of course we fell off a few times but it was SO worth it.
We picked up Grandma after her bible study and she brought lunch with her. So we picnicked on the boat and then tubed some more.
Then it was Matt and Morgan's turn.
Tuck slept on the boat then the rest of us napped when we got home. Well the guys met Grandpa and Uncle Rod for a round of golf but the girls and kiddos napped. After a much NEEDED nap, Madi munched on watermelon.
Grandma said "give me a kiss." So Madi leaned her head towards her!
Then she gave her a real one! Too sweet!
Happy 60th Birthday Grandma!
More party pics to come!

No comments: