Saturday, May 18, 2019

Yearbook, Robotics, 5th Grade Field Trip & Olympic Day! All in ONE Week!

 Monday
 Madi's 5th grade yearbook came in!
 Madi loved her class and her teacher Mr. Reep.
 5th grade parents can buy a special area for a baby ad since our kiddos are moving on to middle school next year! I love this picture of Madi!  Her beautiful eyes and hair!

 Tuesday
 Tuesday after school, Madi had a robotics competition.
 Madi and Maisen with their robot!  They named it Death Spinner!
 We made it to watch the competition.  So did Grandma Mayberry.
 They won the first few rounds of the double elimination but then lost in the semi-finals!

 They had fun though and at the end they all fought their battles together.
 Wednesday was Science STAAR test day.  So comfy clothes and pillow it is!
 We were returning some fake glasses to a friend and Madi just had to wear them.  She said she wants real glasses. 

 Wednesday evening after piano practice, Madi had rehearsal for VBS praise team and I had a training for VBS.  Bianca, her daughter Jessica and I tested out the fun photo booth they will have at VBS this summer.
 Thursday was Madi's 5th grade field trip.  They wore their Shipping Out shirts since they're on their way to 6th grade at Laura Bush Middle School.
 The day started with a breakfast and shirt signing.



 While they were busy having fun, I was busy leading PD for my staff. 

 Then Madi's class took a group picture of the entire 5th grade before heading to Rudy's for lunch and Altitude to jump for the afternoon.  They ended the day with sno cones!
 Friday was Olympic Day!
 During the morning, I was reading all 165 names of our graduates at the Induction into the Teaching Profession Ceremony.  
 Thankfully, Matt made this girl's morning event of hula-hooping.

 Hula-hooping isn't her gift but she had fun!  Matt said she lasted 10 seconds longer than he could.
 And I made it around lunch time to watch her play carnival games . . .
 Be the flag bearer for her grade . . .
 And compete in the jump roping contest . . .
 She won 2nd place!
 And if that week wasn't busy enough, we have a fun weekend up ahead!

No comments: