Saturday, May 12, 2018

What a WEEK!

 Madi practicing her magic for the upcoming talent show at school . . .
 They had screenings at school on Tuesday and thankfully she, Elly and Ava were selected!
 Saturday afternoon, Elly came over to sell some lemonade and to practice their magic show.
 They started later in the afternoon so they didn't have too many customers but enough to make some good money and have fun!
 Sunday was a crazy day.  I went over early to help Grandma Mayberry since she just had back surgery on Thursday. 
 She was in a lot of pain so I didn't make it back in time to get to church with Matt and Madi.  Thankfully, Madi can put her hair in a low bun!
 All ready for church and then the picnic afterwards!
 I was sad to miss church with my family but Shelle and I ended up getting my mom back to the hospital.  Madi sure was worried and asked the pastor and staff to pray for her Grandma.
 Thankfully, we got her back home and comfortable enough for me to take Madi to Allison's slime birthday party and then to Addison's party at Main Event.  It was an evening full of parties!
 Monday
 Tuesday
 I also got great news Tuesday afternoon.  I passed my qualifying exam and am now a doctoral candidate instead of a graduate student.  Let the dissertation begin!
Wednesday
 Wednesday was the last night of Wednesday evening church. 
 Madi participates in a GA program that learns about missionaries around the world and how we can also be missionaries in our own town.
 Thursday
We celebrated the retirement of one of my site coordinators with lunch at the Tech Club on Thursday.  It's also a great time being with these ladies!
 Friday
 Sidney's sweet mom sent me this picture of when she enjoyed lunch with her daughter and Madi and Addie!  I love seeing her during the day!
A lot of things happened this past week, some wonderful and some crazy.  Hoping for a calmer week coming up!

No comments: