Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Festival


Sunday evening Maci came over while her family went to the movies.  I guess she's not movie-ready yet!  We had a fun time playing with her.  
Monday
 Tuesday
 Tuesday was Madison's Thanksgiving Festival at school.  I was thankful to have her schedule early enough in the summer to be able to cancel my class that meets on Tuesdays so I could attend. 
 
Mrs. Cude had the class draw a mural while waiting on the festivities to begin. 
 They used the building across the street (which is usually for the youth) to house all the fun!
First up, class pictures in front of the teepee!
They wore the vests and headpieces that they made earlier.
 Mrs. McKee (the director) rang a bell for each group to move through the stations.
First, was a rain maker. 
 Then they made a cute turkey from stickers.
 This was a cute idea.  A teacher read them a story while they sat in the teepee and ate popcorn.
 Next up was making a cross with colored sand.

 Madi's favorite was the necklace making station out of dyed noodles. 
 Turkey and leaf ornaments that you scratch off to reveal the color beneath.  They were pretty neat!
 Then they colored bookmarks.  This station reminded me of the black fuzzy posters my sister and I used to color as kids.
 The last station was the stamping one that I helped with too.  I was thankful for enough mommy volunteers to be able to tag along with Madi every once and a while to take pictures.
 To wrap up the fun, as a large group they sang songs.
 Then each class went into a separate room for their Thanksgiving party.
The food was Madison's favorite . . . ham, turkey and cheese cubes, fruit kabob, and turkey cookie.  They made each student a boat out of a paper bag and ribbon that held chex mix too (unfortunately Madi's not a fan).  They were very creative and cute though!
 The turkey cookies were too cute!
 Wednesday
 Thursday
(For some reason this picture makes Madi look so grown up!)
 Friday
 Friday afternoon, Maci and Tucker came home with us after lunch so Shelle and Cody could clean and get the house ready for Tucker's birthday party on Saturday. 
I think Maci found a new seat in our house that is perfect for her! 

No comments: