One day out of the blue, Madi said she wanted to write a letter to Santa. We hadn't talked about it before so I know she must have heard it somewhere. So, I asked her what she wanted to say and spelled out the words for her to write.
Then we mailed it . . .
I taught her where the return address and mailing address go plus the stamp. (Everything's a learning opportunity, right?) :) She wanted to write Santa twice. I guess to ensure it would get there!
Here's what her letter says:
Dear Santa,
Bring me some presents. Please leave them at the door.
(Heart) Madison
Dear Santa,
Bring me some presents. Please leave them at the door.
(Heart) Madison
We laughed at her letter because when we explained to her the idea of Santa she was NOT happy about him coming INTO our house through the chimney. So a friend of mine said that while they were "getting to know" Santa they would say to leave the presents at the door. I told Madi we could do that and she loved the idea. But of course I didn't think she'd remember that part when writing her letter, but she did!
No comments:
Post a Comment